Full Moon in Scorpio- April 27, 2021- Embrace your Shadow Self.
Scorpio is ruled by Pluto and Mars and is connected to the 8th house of the zodiac. When there is a Full Moon in Scorpio, the energy is intense and powerful. Pluto is often associated with the underworld and darkness. Mars can be associated with trauma and aggressiveness. The former and the latter often have many negative connotations associated with them. However, these traits and instances in our lives can also be a huge part of our growing and evolving spiritually. This brings us to the subject of shadow work.
The Full Moon in Scorpio provides us with an opportune time to practice shadow work, as shadow work can help you to let go of past wounds, hurts, and traumas in your life up until now. It you set too high of expectations that everything along your journey is mean to be smooth sailing and “love and light”, you can easily set yourself up for massive disappointment. It is important to remember that part of your healing journey involves you exploring and coming to terms with some of the deepest and darkest parts of yourself. Learning how to balance your shadow self with love and light is the way to truly maximize your true potential on your journey. Being too far on either side can be bad and can actually prevent you from doing the work necessary to connect to your highest good. Stive to not be afraid of the dark. Embrace it, become aware of it, and work with it.
Some more facts about Shadow Work:
- Shadow work is when you explore the depths of your soul in order to heal and grow.
- It is an introspective practice anyone can do. It is based on the theory we all have a shadow side we must be conscious of.
- Our shadow consists of those parts of ourselves we hide and repress by pushing them down into our subconscious.
- By embracing and bringing these things to the surface, we can understand ourselves better, live mor authentically, and heal our wounds.
- Aspects of our shadow include aggression, fear, out toxic traits, and flaws, shame, and selfishness.
- It’s not easy but shadow work is a vital part of our spiritual journey. Many of us already do this without knowing what it is called!
Some ways how to recognize your Shadow Self:
- You may have a difficult time keeping and maintaining boundaries.
- Engaging in Self-Sabotaging behaviors and patterns.
- Feeling intimidated and afraid to stand up for yourself or avoiding confrontations.
- Jealousy and envy
- Always putting yourself last.
- Saying “Yes” when you want to say “No”.
- Anxiety and Depression.
- Comparing yourself to others.
Some ways to practice shadow work:
- Journaling your feelings and thoughts.
- Observe your reactions to different issues and situations.
- Learn to respond and not react.
- Meditate on aspects of your shadow self to get to become more acquainted with it.
- Practice being present and conscious.
- Practice emotions inquiry- “Why do I feel like this?” “Why does that trigger me?”
For Personalized Astrological, Oracle, & Metaphysical Readings, See my Offerings on the Saged Marketplace, or Visit the Collection here: https://astrologybymelody.com/collections/astrological-birth-chart-readings